How do you manage discontinued or obsolete products in your inventory?
When entering your physical count, have you ever had to return a large number of tags to 0, because the production was discontinued, all the pieces have already elapsed or hundreds of pieces were released in the list of the counters. Your employees must return all these tags to 0. Here is a trick to do this quickly!
- Select the tags targeted by the return to 0 in the tags entry.
- Right click on the list and select “Copy All Include Labels” (see Figure 1)
- Then paste it all into an Excel grid
- You will then need to fill in the columns: Counted Qty, Returned, Counted By, Date Counted. (see figure 2) ** Be careful not to change the order of the rows and columns **
- Copy the result, starting from line 2 of the grid (to exclude the headers).
- Right click on the first row of the grid, then select Paste Update. (see figure 3)
Note: It is also possible to use this same technique in all Epicor grids, but it is very important to keep column position and row order as the Paste Update function does not validate the row key nor columns, it only pastes the information on the existing lines.
FIG. 1 – SELECT TAGS TO RETURN TO 0.
FIG. 2 – UPDATE THE DESIRED TAGS
FIG 3. – COPY THE INFORMATION IN EPICOR