Inventory Management: Shared warehouse
Use the Shared Warehouses sheet to link warehouses together in order to issue and receive parts between them.
A shared warehouse is a warehouse that belongs to one specific site, but when you link it through this sheet to another site configuration, you can directly issue parts from or receive parts into this shared warehouse using either linked site (no need to use transfer orders).
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Epicor ERP BarTender; creates and manages labels, barcodes and much more directly from BarTender or Epicor by reading through CSV files, databases, Excel and Epicor Export files. Send Epicor reports information, such as receipts or shipments directly to BarTender. Efficiently customize and print unique labels from BarTender.
Epicor Commerce Connect (ECC) provides optimized tools enabling your website to deliver a complete experience to customers, throughout the processing cycle of an order, from quote set-up to order delivery, and beyond.
Click here to watch Epicor Commerce Connect (ECC)
For example, Epicor can show the names of customers starting with, as the user types in the customer ID.
How to define a predictive search?
To create this predictive search, the following steps must be followed:
- Define a BAQ on the Customer table and showing the customer ID and the name of the customer
- In the order entry window, right-click the Customer field and choose Predictive Search Entry
- Click New
- Enter an identifier for the search
- Enter a meaningful description
- Choose the BAQ created in Step 1
- Choose the return column, this field must be the same as the one on which the predictive search is defined
- Choose the column on which the search is done (for this example, the search is done on the name of the client)
- Check the shared box so that all users can benefit from the search
- Check for Occurrences, if you want this search applied to all other places where this field appears.
Once done, you have to restart Epicor on your computer so that the search is activated.
The Bank Statement Processing module allows reconciling bank statements with cash transactions. The Bank Statement Processing program processes and clears cash transactions. Cash transactions are reconciled by creating and editing bank account statements.
The Bank Statement Processing allows you to create a new bank statement either via import of electronic statement files from the bank into the Epicor application or via manual entry of the new bank statements and statement lines, review the information, search for the Epicor transactions available for matching, or create new transactions.
It is possible to perform bank reconciliation in automatic (using reconciliation algorithm) and manual (matching transactions to statement lines) modes.
In order to speed up the loading process for massive data, DMT offers the possibility to split an import data file into several files. Once the file is split, it’s now possible to import those files simultaneously.
The Epicor / DMT application will therefore process several files at the same time, utilizing more server resources, while speeding up the process time required to validate and import data into the Epicor database.
Please note, if you are loading data associated with a group, such as revisions in an ECO GROUP, it is not recommended to use this feature.
Available since Epicor ERP 10.2 release.
Data Discovery has been added to generate and display performance indicators directly on the home page.
Here are some examples of Epicor Home page
Epicor offers a list of indicators already generated, but you can also create specialized indicators according to your requirements. There is the authoring tool that can be directly integrated into Epicor:
From queries (BAQ), we can refine the data by categories or dimensions. Several types of graphics can be selected as required.
You can create pre-defined search criterias called “Named Search”, edit parameters using “Quick Search”, create item lists by using BAQ “BAQ Search” and create your own search tool with “Advanced Search”. Other tools like “Predictive Search” and “Zone BAQ” allow filtered results to be displayed without opening the search form. Contact us for more information.
If you need to manage the replenishment of your store in the plant, Epicor has a tool that will let you manage this scenario. The replenishment workbench allows you to manage the replenishment automatically, manually or managed.
Automated, manual and managed replenishment functions meet the needs of supply chain and distribution processes, compared to inventory available between warehouses or stores in a fully managed, managed and transactional environment.
It includes the following features:
- Fully transaction-based, processing managed through a fully managed queue.
- Processing of transactions on paper or paperless.
- Automatic replenishment based on defined parameters.
- Manually generate replenishment transaction requests based on parameters that are overridden.
- Replenishment generated and managed by the user, without predefined requirements.
When printing, you can use the function “Generate only”:
Selecting this option will put the report in a queue and it will go in the System Monitoring print list:
The reports are already generated so it will take you only a few moments to appear on screen! This is very useful for reports that take a long time to generate. You can even save them as PDF in the same place.
Also, the archiving option allows you to keep them in your list for more than one day:
You can schedule the printing of your reports according to a predetermined schedule:
You want to manage the replenishment of your plant and warehouse? Epicor ERP offers a replenishment tool. The replenishment workbench is used to perform replenishment processing automatically, or manually and in a manageable way.
Automated, manual and manageable replenishment functions meet the requirements of supply chain and distribution processes, comparing inventory available between warehouses or stores in a fully manageable, managed and transactional environment.
It includes the following features:
- Fully transaction-based processing managed through a fully manageable queue.
- Processing of transactions with paper or paperless.
- Automatic replenishment based on user defined parameters.
- Manually generate replenishment transaction requests based on parameters that can be overridden.
- Replenishment generated and managed by the user, without predefined requirements.
- Allow replenishment with configurable parameters.
- Includes Concept of minimum thresholds of quantities allowing a flowing execution of the replenishment process.
Advanced Material Management (AMM)
The Advanced Material Management Module or AMM, will process material requests for external, outbound and internal transactions, by perform a ‘hard allocation of lots or quantities of a part to a specific transaction.
The allocation process will facilitate preparing materials for a production job or for picking and shipping orders. Materials queues can be assigned to specific employees with warehouse ‘Material handler’ credentials. Those queues can then be accessed by the employee through the MES and the HandHeld menus.
Allocated/reserved quantities and lots will not be available for other transactions such as jobs and orders. The information will be displayed in the part tracker screen:
Other advantages associated to the Advanced Material Management module are :
- The grid can be filtered and sorted based on multiple criteria and priorities, in order to facilitate managing a high volume of transactions.
- For example: it’s possible with a few clicks, to reserve quantities for orders belonging to a specific customer.
This is a high level overview describing some of the capabilities available in the AMM module. For further details, or a demonstration, please contact your EC Solutions consultant or account manager.
The External Payroll Integration module enables you to configure external payroll setup in order to create files to export to an external payroll provider. The Setup functions included in this module enable you to create payroll employees, pay types and classes, holidays, and configuration of the export file format that will be sent to the external payroll provider. This module will eliminate the need to write payroll export scripts and will ensure compatibility with future Epicor releases.
In order to use the External Payroll Integration module, the External Payroll license must be installed
Here is a list of the existing predefined hot keys available in all the screens:
To add a hot key, just follow these 5 simple steps.
- Open the screen where you want to add the hot key
- Click Tools, Options
- Go to the hot keys tab
- Choose the command you want to assign to a key
- Choose the hot key
The new MES downtime button allows reporting a resource downtime and the reason for the stoppage (ex: breakdowns, waiting for material….).
When a job is running on a machine, and a downtime occurs, the operator will use the Downtime button available on the MES menu to initiate a downtime state on the Job actually being run on the machine. A downtime reason code will be requested by the system.
During the downtime period, the system will accumulate downtime elapsed time against the job as well as the selected downtime reason code, allowing to build analytical dashboards to further analyse downtime reasons, root causes and impact on lead time. Downtime period has no impact on job labor or burden costs.
Manage Machine downtime tracking is available with Epicor version 10.2.
Epicor Dashboards are powerful tools that will allow users to adapt their workspace to their needs.
The dashboard is used to provide real-time indicators, based on exceptions, that warn you of potential business problems. From these activity indicators (trackers and dashboards), you can easily access the appropriate parts of the system to get more information.
Through Internet integration, dashboards can be used to merge external information and data for day-to-day operations.
From monitoring your employees intranet site to direct access to industry-related websites, each dashboard contains the information you and your employees need to manage your business more proactively.
In Epicor, Trackers and Dashboards offer all the following features:
- Management of the company’s performance
- Storage of operational data
- Steering and key performance indicators
- Role-based home page
- Real-time management based on exceptions
- Real-time access to up-to-date information
- Specialized Workshops by User / Function
- Fully secure web interface• Components that can be deployed on the Web
- Graphical representations of the dashboard
Manage all your business activities and get an overview of your purchases, sales and stocks in real time.
You can get the average daily balance of an account in several reports by a simple configuration.
On the Daily Balance Setup menu, you must add the accounts for which you want to get the daily balance.
For example, add the bank account in the menu settings. After the configuration is complete, the verify balance operation must be executed to update the daily balances in the selected accounts.
Subsequently, the average daily balance of the accounts will be available in the reports.
For example, the trial balance report may contain the average daily balance in addition to debits and credits for the period. Included below the print screen for the discussed menu and the result of the report.
Daily Balances Setup
Verify Balance Records
Trial Balance Report
- Collection management
- Centralized activities
- Collection templates
Global alerts are messages that are activated to help users track certain activities in the application. Standard Alerts are predefined Global Alerts that are enabled by Global Alert Maintenance.
Basic configuration of global standard alerts in 10.2
Before activating standard global alerts, you must configure the EPICOR application to be able to send email messages.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to System Setup>Company/Site Maintenance>Company Maintenance
- Go to the tab « Email and Reporting»
- In the Email Link group box, the Port field specifies the port number to use when transmitting email messages throughout the company. Be sure to enter an unused port number. This port is used when sending an alert with a link (shortcut.sysconfig).
- In the Email Address field, specify the default From email address to transmit global alerts. This address can be replaced when maintaining standard alerts. It must be ensured that the address is valid in the company.
- The Email Label field specifies the default From email label that will be displayed in the email global alert. Like the address, the label can be customized for each alert.
- In the SMTP Server field, specify the SMTP server that distributes e-mails in the company.
- Next, enter the port number that manages your company’s email
- Click the Save button on the toolbar.
Global alerts require a BPM data directive to monitor a specific database table as well as to set conditions for triggering alerts and sending e-mail alert messages based on changes to the table that is monitored.
In the case of global alerts, a directive must be created to monitor the AlertQue table and send messages to the recipients defined in the configuration of a standard global alert.
- Go to System Management>Business Process Management>Data Directives Maintenance
- Enter the table name AlertQue (or select it via the Search maintenance)
- Go to the tab Standard>Detail
- Click File>New>New Standard Directive
- Enter the directive name in the field Directive Name
- Click the button Design
- Select and drag the condition icon to use to trigger the alert. Subsequently, click the New button in the Actions tab in the list at the bottom.
- Click the arrow to expand the drop-down list. Then select the option « There is at least one updated row in the specified table»
- Click the Updated scrolling list and select the Added
- Click on the specified The Select Table window will be displayed. Ensure that the selected table is ttAlertQue. Click the OK button.
- Note the condition is changed to « There is at least one added row in the ttAlertQue table»
- Select and drag the Send E-Mail icon.
- Click in the designed The window to configure the e-mail will be displayed.
- Enter the name “Global Alert Email”. Then right click on the From In the context menu, select the Field Query option.
- In the Name field, enter From. In the filter, choose the option Added records. In the Fields list, select EmailFrom. Finally, click the OK button.
- Click each one of the remaining fields in the form. Select the Field Query option and repeat the previous step. Add the recursive tables to the Template.
|Template Field||Field Query Name||Filter||Table Field|
- Once it’s done, each field in the template has a variable. Finally, click the OKbutton.
- Once in the design window, click the Start icon and drag one of the arrows to the Condition Then select the Condition icon and drag the arrow closest to the True label to the Send E-mail icon. Finally, click the Save button.
- In a forthcoming newsletter, we will show an example such as activating a standard alert as well as an example of use.
Indeed, it is easy to import directly from Excel by going to the menu Financial Management > General Ledger > Setup > Account Budget.
In addition, it is now possible to create several budget codes to identify different versions and/or revisions.
Therefore, these different budgets can be used in the various financial reports.
EPICOR ERP software allows the management of multiple sites under the same company. You can operate independent production calendars and schedules from one site to another and assign specific production resources to each site. To optimize the scheduling of jobs with dependencies with other jobs to be performed in another site, EPICOR software ERP has incorporated the functionality to manage interdependent jobs across multiple sites since version 10.0. To enable this feature, it is important to activate the options allowing this functionality, available in the site maintenance screen under the planning tab.
This interdependency allows a parent work order in one site to influence the planning of child jobs from another site, as well as allowing child jobs to influence the planning of the parent work order. To do this, the concept of Job Made to Job comes into play to create the relationship between jobs. This relationship is created when the jobs are launched either via the MRP process or when manually creating a job. The system recognizes that some assemblies are manufactured in a site different from that of the parent and will create child jobs under the corresponding site, these child jobs will be directly linked to the parent as Make to Job.
When manually creating a job, it is important to check the option to create and schedule child jobs across other sites as well.
The advantages of an effective management of multi jobs are among others :
- Cost Reduction by reducing pending jobs across multiple sites. Everything is directly linked via the relationship of the parent/child jobs.
- Helps to better manage “Just in Time” production when it comes to re-issuing multi-site jobs
- Allows you to schedule the parent job and its multi-site child jobs as a single group of jobs, with a single action.
- View the relationships between jobs across multiple sites
- Allows better coordination of raw material purchases across sites to meet supply needs.
- The production costs are broken down by site, and the system accumulates assembly costs under the finished product job.
This date can be defined for the modules below;
- Cash Management
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Inventory and Production
- Asset Management
You can use this function separately or in conjunction with closing periods. Closing the period closes all the modules while the module closes modules by modules.
When a line is selected, the document automatically appears on the screen.
This feature can be added to your screens such as the production floor with view part, drawings, or customer.
This will allow you to facilitate information exchange and facilitate a paperless environment.
If you are interested in using this option, ECS team can help you create your custom screens!
How to do it ?
To do this, you must add the New URL / XSLT tab and assign a reference field describing the path to the file.
This reference field must first be published in the dashboard.
- Select the tags targeted by the return to 0 in the tags entry.
- Right click on the list and select “Copy All Include Labels” (see Figure 1)
- Then paste it all into an Excel grid
- You will then need to fill in the columns: Counted Qty, Returned, Counted By, Date Counted. (see figure 2) ** Be careful not to change the order of the rows and columns **
- Copy the result, starting from line 2 of the grid (to exclude the headers).
- Right click on the first row of the grid, then select Paste Update. (see figure 3)
Note: It is also possible to use this same technique in all Epicor grids, but it is very important to keep column position and row order as the Paste Update function does not validate the row key nor columns, it only pastes the information on the existing lines.
Fig. 1 – Select tags to return to 0.
Fig. 2 – Update the desired tags
Fig 3. – Copy the information in Epicor
Before a disconnection, the user will receive an alert advising them that the server is not reachable. Once the server is reachable, the information you entered will be saved to the database without a problem.
Note that this functionality is integrated in Epicor Version 10 to insure better stability.
Did you know Epicor offers the possibility to define a different color per company or plant?
This way, if you are entering jobs in two companies simultaneously, it will be easier to determine in which company you are and in the meantime will help to prevent mistakes in entry.
For more detail please contact one of our consultants.
Thus, in the example below, we can see everything that happened with order 5463, with full traceability of the discussions surrounding the discount that was given.
To validate the status of the group you are posting do not try opening the group again, doing this will cause the posting process to fail and lock the group in an intermediate state.
To validate the status of the group you are posting Epicor has placed at our disposal the System Monitor, it can be accessed in the windows system tray in the lower right corner of you desktop. Information bubbles can be enabled to advise you as soon as a process is completed such as posting groups.
To resume, before opening any group you have just posted, validate the group status in the System Monitor beforehand.
Here are the steps:
- Access the Task Agent Service Configuration
- Double click on the environment in question
- Uncheck the Enabled check box
- Click Save
- Now Check the Enabled check box
- Click Save
Within a few minutes, your printing processes should have completed!
Epicor® provides a new approach to the way enterprise resource planning or ERP systems and business software solutions are designed, built, and used. We’ve redefined ERP software to maximize productivity in every area of your organization. ERP is the tool that can inspire your company to innovate and think differently about your business, so that you can ultimately deliver inspiration to your customers. Epicor ERP is business software that can open vistas of possibility not previously imagined. Serving 33,000 customers in more than 150 countries, Epicor’s ERP software provides a single point of accountability that drives increased profitability, whether you’re operating on a local, regional or global scale.
Prophet 21 (P21)
Epicor Prophet 21, a leading enterprise software solution for distributors, combines the power of Microsoft® SQL Server® and the familiarity of Windows® in a solution designed to meet distributors’ specific business needs.
Epicor Prophet 21 offers you a full range of order management, supply chain, and warehousing capabilities, built within a single business platform, based on industry-leading technology.
- Track, measure, and monitor your entire business, from shop floor to top floor and from raw materials to final product
- Boost efficiency with real-time, actionable visibility into plant and business operations
- Reduce costs and streamline processes while you grow revenue and increase profits
- Optimize lean manufacturing to focus on the key priorities to make smarter decisions, eliminate waste and increase customer satisfaction
- Easily adapt to new manufacturing methods, changing customer requirements, and evolving business strategies
Potential functionality gaps (where system functionalities differ from current business processes) are identified and presented for resolution.
As we review the results of the BPR with the customer, we both insure that everything has been covered and that there will be no surprises during the implementation. As the BPR is done prior to buying the software, the customer gets a clear picture of the global investment before making a final decision.
Epicor Prophet 21
Connect again in P2 – Go to the “User Maintenance” menu: choose the French language:
Reconnect again and here is the result:
Do not hesitate to contact the support department!
- This rule is handy when you want to print multiple ship item labels. Without rules, the WWMS system in P21 ERP defaults to 1 label. This forces the user to change the label count every time they pick an item.
- A useful method if you have multiple locations and those locations have different default requirements, is to create a user defined field for the location that stores the default number of ship item labels for the location. Then, write a DynaChange Business Rule that looks up that value, based on the logged in user’s location, and return that value to the print labels screen.
- When the order date changes, the rule checks the date to be sure it is not more than one day in the past nor more than one day in the future. If either of those conditions is true, the date automatically resets to the current date. Additionally, the user receives a prompt about the data validation error.